- Sell the company to eBay. If they were interested in Skype, surely Twitter would offer them better value for money. Instant twitter updates when you receive a bid, a Twitter channel for each product category, et cetera.
- Offer ads on people’s Twitter page. Make this a shared-revenue model so you avoid irritating users: make users receive a percentage of the ad revenue generated from their page.
- Start charging for receiving SMS updates.
- Make money from people submitting updates via SMS. Get a special “SMS-Update” number that people can send updates to, have the mobile operators charge $0.25 for each message, share in the revenue.
- Offer “premium” Twitter channels that people can only follow if they pay for them. Some suggestions:
- Weather reports
- Alerts when stocks go up/down/pass a certain value
Oct.16, 2008 in Short newslinks