A Dutch hacker was arrested today when he was trying to sell a botnet of about 100.000 PC’s. The real shocker? The real shock to me came from the price: according to the DA (translation), the botnet was to be sold for only 25.000 euro’s. That means the price of a rooted PC has fallen from about $1 a year ago to $0.40 today. These are hard times, even for hackers!
Aug.01, 2008 in Short newslinks
Use the links below to navigate this site.
If you have any suggestions for improving this site, feel free to let me know at mar...@securityandthe.net, or leave a comment on the site.
- .SE domains offline
- Is mobile advertising working for Google?
- Printing handcuff keys
- Extensions coming to Chrome browser
- Dutch Ministry accidentally publishes credit card info
- Tele2 Netherlands giving the same password to all users
- Palm defends tracking Pre user locations
- How not to respond to security issues
- Squirrelmail plugins altered by hackers
- Dutch court rules that The Pirate Bay should be blocked